IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
The following information provides an overview of IEEE offerings and services.
- more than 426,000 members in more than 160 countries, more than 50 percent of whom are from outside the United States;
- more than 117,000 Student members;
- 334 Sections in ten geographic Regions worldwide;
- 2,116 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests;
- 2,669 student branches at colleges and universities in 80 countries;
- 922 student branch chapters of IEEE technical societies;
- 440 affinity groups; IEEE Affinity Groups are non-technical sub-units of one or more Sections or a Council. The Affinity Group patent entities are the IEEE-USA Consultants’ Network, Young Professionals (YP), Women in Engineering (WIE), and Life Members (LM).
- has 39 Societies and six technical councils representing the wide range of IEEE technical interests;
- has more than 3.5 million documents in the IEEE XploreDigital Library, with more than 8 million downloads each month;
- has more than 1,671 standards and projects under development;
- publishes approximately 180 transactions, journals, and magazines;
- sponsors more than 1,600 conferences in 91 countries while:
- partnering with more than 1,000 non-IEEE entities globally;
- attracting more than 480,000 conference attendees;
- publishing more than 1,400 conference proceedings via IEEE Xplore.
*Data current as of 31 December 2014. This information is updated annually.