Outstanding Chapter Award
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding performance of Tunisian Chapters in serving their members and the technical community and establishing goodwill for the Tunisia Section.
Prize: $200 to be used for Chapter activities, a Certificate, and trophy
Funding: Funded by the IEEE Tunisia section
Eligibility: The Chapter must have been active at least one year when the nomination is made and have an updated website under the ieee.tn domain and a contact email @ieee.tn. The eligibility requirements are outstanding activities and services to its local society members in one or more of the following areas: distinguished lectures, technical meetings, tours and conferences, seminars and/or tutorials, other services and activities for the local members of the Society.
Basis for Judging: The selection criterion is the outstanding performance of the chapter. In selecting award recipient, the awards committee and the chapters coordinator consider contributions of the Chapter activities, which may be manifested in the following manners:
- continuous technical, educational, administrative, membership development, communications and public relations activity
- exceptional managerial and leadership achievement
- implementation of innovative new Chapter programs
- dedication to the growth and advancement of the Chapter´s membership (recruitment and retention rates)
- development of chapter website and newsletter, use of vTools (enotice, meetings, voting, etc.)
- publication of activities and photos in the section’s website
- senior member and fellow nominations
- fulfilling all requirements of reporting to the section and the respect of MGA bylaws.
Presentation: One award will be given per year. The award will be announced and presented at a section meeting. No award will be given if a qualified chapter is not identified.
Nomination Deadline: 15 October (annual)
Activities should correspond to the period from 1 August to 31 July of the previous year.
Nomination form <online form>
For further information, please contact the awards committee and the chapter coordinator <link>.