Outstanding Student Branch Award
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding performance of Tunisian Student Branches in serving their members and establishing goodwill for the Tunisia Section.
Prize: $200 to be used for Student branch activities, a Certificate, and trophy
Funding: Funded by the IEEE Tunisia section
Eligibility: The student branch must have been active at least one year when the nomination is made and have an updated website under the ieee.tn domain and an SB contact email @ieee.tn. The eligibility requirements are outstanding student activities and services to its local student members in one or more of the following areas: technical meetings, tours and seminars and/or tutorials, other services and activities for the local student members of the school.
Basis for Judging: The selection criterion is the outstanding performance of the student branch. In selecting award recipient, the awards committee and the student activities coordinator consider contributions of the student branch activities, which may be manifested in the following manners:
- continuous technical, educational, administrative, membership development, communications and public relations activity
- exceptional managerial and leadership achievement
- implementation of innovative new student branch programs
- dedication to the growth and advancement of the student branch´s membership
- development of the student branch website and newsletter, use of enotice vTools as the main tool to communicate with student branch members
- publication of activities and photos in the section’s website
- participation in the IEEE international competitions
- fulfilling all requirements of reporting to the section and the respect of MGA bylaws.
Presentation: One award will be given per year. The award will be announced and presented at a section meeting. No award will be given if a qualified student branch is not identified.
Nomination Deadline: 15 October (Annual)
Activities should correspond to the period from 1 August to 31 July of the previous year.
Nomination form <online form>
For further information, please contact the awards committee and the student activities coordinator <link>.