Outstanding WIE Student Affinity Group Award
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding performance of Tunisian WIE Student affinity group in serving their members and establishing goodwill for the student branch and the Tunisia Section.
Prize: $200 to be used for WIE Student affinity group activities, a Certificate, and trophy
Funding: Funded by the IEEE Tunisia section
Eligibility: The WIE Student affinity group must have been active at least one year when the nomination is made and have an updated website under the ieee.tn domain and a contact email @ieee.tn. The eligibility requirements are outstanding WIE student activities and services to its local WIE student members in one or more of the following areas: technical meetings, tours and seminars and/or tutorials, other services and activities for the local WIE student members of the school.
Basis for Judging: The selection criterion is the outstanding performance of the WIE Student affinity group. In selecting award recipient, the awards committee and the student activities coordinator and the WIE Tunisia affinity group chair consider contributions of the WIE Student affinity group activities, which may be manifested in the following manners:
- continuous technical, educational, administrative, membership development, communications and public relations activity
- exceptional managerial and leadership achievement
- implementation of innovative new WIE Student affinity group programs
- dedication to the growth and advancement of the WIE Student affinity group´s membership
- development of the WIE Student affinity group website and newsletter, use of enotice vTools as the main tool to communicate with WIE Student affinity group members
- publication of activities and photos in the section’s website
- participation in the IEEE WIE international competitions
- fulfilling all requirements of reporting to the section and the respect of MGA bylaws.
Presentation: One award will be given per year. The award will be announced and presented at a section meeting. No award will be given if a qualified WIE Student affinity group is not identified.
Nomination Deadline: 15 October (annual)
Activities should correspond to the period from 1 August to 31 July of the previous year.
Nomination form <online form>
For further information, please contact the awards committee and the student activities coordinator and the WIE Tunisia affinity group chair <link>.