Conference organizers can request the Technical co-Sponsorship (TCS) of the IEEE Tunisia section in order to submit the conference proceedings to IEEE Xplore for publication. The TCS indicates direct and substantial involvement of the IEEE Tunisia Section in the technical program of the conference.
To request the TCS of the IEEE Tunisia section, please fill in the conference application form:
The request / MOU could be approved or declined according to the conference details submitted using the form above. Please note that the IEEE Tunisia section is a geographic subunit of IEEE. For Technical co-sponsorship, the involvement of an IEEE technical unit (chapter, society) is required.
To approve your TCS request, it is important and necessary to keep the following conditions:
- The conference application must be submitted before at least 10 months with all required details in order to avoid the reject of the application. It should also includes the information of all the conference chairs and the program committee chairs and the publication chair and the financial chair.
- Plagiarism check of all submitted papers (first and final versions) using crosscheck.ieee.org
- At the minimum, one IEEE Tunisian chapter <list> or one IEEE Society <link> in the conference topic is involved in the conference program as technical co-sponsor. It is important to explain in the conference form how these units are involved in the program of the conference (List the names of IEEE members who have access to all submitted papers and are mainly involved in the papers acceptance process, and participate in developing the conference program).
- At the minimum, the committee includes one technical program committee co-chair is a senior IEEE society member who have a good experience in publishing IEEE papers and who have access to all reviews, participate in the papers acceptance process, and participate in developing the conference program.
- At the minimum, the committee includes two technical program co-chairs from foreign countries.
- At the minimum, the committee includes five known IEEE Tunisia section members are involved in the review process.
- At the minimum, the technical program chairs assign 3 reviews for each submitted paper. The acceptance should be based on the review of full papers (not review of only abstracts).
- No assignment of more than 5 papers for each reviewer.
- The review period must be at the minimum 4 weeks if the number of submitted papers is less than 100; and a minimum of 6 weeks otherwise.
- Registration fees must includes reduced fees for IEEE members: a minimum of 20% discount.
- The conference organizer should send to the section committee an electronic copy of the conference proceedings before the opening session.
- The conference organizer should send to the section committee (within 30 days after the conference) the following report <link> and the final list of the organizing committee, reviewers, participants (including organization, country, emails), and some photos.
- The conference application should be submitted before a minimum of 8 months from the conference dates.
- The TCS fee are $1,000 + $15 per paper submitted to IEEE Xplore. No fee if one of the IEEE unit will receive a minimum of 5% of the conference benefits. (in the case of financial co-sponsorship, the organizer can add the name of IEEE before the conference name).
- If one of IEEE units is involved as financial sponsor (5% or more), the conference organizer should send to the section committee a financial report <link> within 30 days after the conference.
- The committee should includes at the minimum the following roles <link>
- The conference organizer should invite at the minimum two IEEE student members with free registration. These two students could help in the local arrangement issues.
- The conference organizer should invite the IEEE Tunisia section to organize an IEEE booth during the conference venue.
- The dates should not conflict with other IEEE events in Tunisia.
- The quality report and the conference proceedings should be submitted within 30 days to the conference coordinator in the Tunisia section.
- The IEEE Tunisia section may cancel the MOU at any time after the approval, if the requirements are not full filled and the technical quality issues of the accepted papers are not considered. In this case, no papers will be published in IEEE Xplore
- The IEEE Tunisia section is committed to approve or decline the TCS request within one month
- Review the publishing criteria <link>
- After the MOU approval, the conference organizers should add the IEEE logo and the IEEE Tunisia section logo in the website, banners, and all conference flyers and materials
List of conferences TCS by the IEEE Tunisia section and organized in Tunisia:
- 21-23 March 2016: 2nd International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Signal and Image Processing (ATSIP)
- 28-30 April 2016: International Conference on Digital Economy (ICDEc)
- 11-13 May 2016: 3rd International Symposium on Networks, Computers and Communications (ISNCC)
- 5-7 November 2016: 2nd International Image Processing, Applications and Systems (IPAS)
- 21-23 November 2016: 8th International Symposium on Signal, Image, Video and Communications (ISIVC)
- 18-20 December 2016: 7th International Conference on Sciences of Electronics, Technologies of Information and Telecommunications (SETIT)
- 19-21 December 2016: 17th International Conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering (STA)
- 14-17 January 2017: International Conference on Advanced Systems and Electric Technologies (IC_ASET)
- 19-21 January 2017: International Conference on Control, Automation and Diagnosis (ICCAD)
- 17-19 February 2017: International Conference on Smart, Monitored and Controlled Cities (SM2C)
- 23-25 March 2017: International Conference on Green Energy Conversion Systems (GECS)
- 29 March – 1st April 2017: Sixth International Conference on Communications and Networking (ComNet)
- 8-10 May 2017: International Conference on Engineering & MIS (ICEMIS)
- 13-16 April 2020: IEEE Region 8 EnergyCon
ISI, Univ. Tunis / SupCom, Univ. Carthage
Reviewing IEEE Conference Sponsorship Types:
- Sole Sponsorship
- Technical Co-Sponsorship (TCS)
- Aligning the conference scope with IEEE
- Establishing processes and standards to execute a high quality technical program
- Executing a successful conference that produces a surplus
- Ensuring appropriate representation of the IEEE brand on all communications, websites and marketing materials
- The sponsoring OU receives 100% of surplus or 100% responsibility for deficits
- The IEEE OU’s financial responsibility is shared, based on an agreed upon percentage
- Financial management is typically the responsibility of the majority owner
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is required
- Validating conference scope alignment with IEEE
- Direct involvement in the Technical Program
- An IEEE OU volunteer is the Technical Program Chair, Co-Chair or Track Chair
- IEEE OU volunteers participate as paper reviewers
- Oversight of IEEE brand usage
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is required