The Teacher In-Service Program (TISP) provides a forum for IEEE volunteers to demonstrate the application of engineering, science and mathematics concepts by sharing their real-world experiences with local pre-university educators.
IEEE offers training workshops for its volunteers on how to provide in-service programs to local pre-university educators.
The program’s goals are to:
- Empower section volunteers to collaborate with their local pre-university community
- Promote applied inquiry-based learning
- Enhance the level of technical literacy of pre-university educators
- Encourage pre-university students to pursue technical careers, including engineering
- Increase the general level of technical literacy of pre-university students throughout their educational careers.
The 2016 TISP week will be announced soon!