The Industry Ambassador is responsible for arranging and promoting a platform with Local industries and the IEEE Tunisia Section.
The usual term of office is 1 year. Term of office begins in January until the end of December. The time needed to fulfill this volunteer position is approximately 7 hours per week.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a platform for Industry Academia engagement during flagship IEEE Tunisia
- Promote programs to have practitioner oriented hands-on workshops
- Engage and work together with local industrial bodies to promote interests of IEEE
- Organize seminars on latest topics of interest to IEEE Industry members
- Establish Leadership Training within the Section concerning Industry Relations
- Provide a regular report to the Section Executive Committee about status of industry activities in the Section and in the geographic area.
- Earmark and celebrate Industry Day to have a platform to celebrate association with local industries
- Passes on to successor all relevant records of office at the end of term
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing
- Must be an IEEE Graduate Student Member, Member, or higher
- Must reside in the geographic boundaries of the Section
- Good relation with main companies in Tunisia
- Ability to spend sufficient time and energy to attract industry partners and to prepare MOU between the section and Industry partners
- Ability to respond quickly to communications by email