The Student Representative acts as a link between IEEE student organizations in the section and the Executive committee.
The usual term of office is 1 year. Term of office begins in January until the end of December. The time needed to fulfill this volunteer position is approximately 7 hours per week.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the role in carrying out the student-related goals and objectives of the Section
- Coordinating and encouraging activities of interest to all IEEE student organizations that report to the Section
- Work closely with Student Branches and its sub-unit Chairs and other leaders in your Section in carrying out these activities
- Provide a regular report to the Section Executive Committee about status of student units (SB, WIE, SBC)
- Passes on to successor all relevant records at the end of term
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing
- Must be an IEEE Undergraduate Student Member or Graduate Student Member
- Must reside in the geographic boundaries of the Section
- Student branch officer experience
- Ability to spend sufficient time and energy to represent student branches and chapters
- Ability to respond quickly to communications by email