Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize annually outstanding paper published in the IEEE Transactions / Journals / Conferences.
Prize: $150 to be used as travel grant by the 1st author in order to participate in any IEEE conference, a Certificate to author or co-authors of the selected paper, and trophy
Funding: Funded by the IEEE Tunisia section
Eligibility: 1st authors of all papers published in the IEEE Transactions or Journals or Conferences are eligible. The candidate must be currently member of IEEE Tunisia section, live in Tunisia, currently belongs to a Tunisian organization, and his/her affiliation in the published paper is in Tunisia. The 1st author must be non-student at the time of paper submission. The awards committee members are not eligible.
Basis for Judging: The selection criterion is the overall technical quality, originality, potential impact, which may be manifested mainly in the following manners:
- (40 points) Number of citations of the paper (by IEEE publications and non-IEEE publications)
- (30 points) Impact factor of the transaction / journal, Ranking of the conference
- (30 points) H-index of the 1st author.
Presentation: One award will be given per year. The award will be announced and presented at a section meeting. No award will be given if a qualified paper is not identified.
Nomination Deadline: 14 December 2019
Nomination form <online form>
For further information, please contact the awards committee <link>.
- 2019: no award
- 2018: Sofiane Kharbech, for his paper “Blind Digital Modulation Identification for MIMO Systems in Railway Environments With High-Speed Channels and Impulsive Noise“, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (Volume: 67, Issue: 8, Aug. 2018 )
- 2017: Amin Zribi for his paper “Low-Complexity Soft Decoding of Huffman Codes and Iterative Joint Source Channel Decoding“, Published in: IEEE Transactions on Communications (Volume: 60 , Issue: 6 , June 2012)
- 2016: Farouk Kamoun for his paper “Analysis of Shared Finite Storage in a Computer Network Node Environment Under General Traffic Conditions“, Published in: IEEE Transactions on Communications (Volume: 28, Issue: 7, Jul 1980)