Candidate for 2017-2018 Tunisia section Secretary:
Name: Bilel Dekhili
E-mail: [email protected]
Biography (without IEEE activities): Mechatronics Engineer Recently graduated from the National Engineering School of Carthage (ENICarthage ) working as a research assistant in Hamburg university of applied sciences .Active volunteer in many organizations since 2011. Led different projects related to technology and participated in many scientific events in Tunisia and abroad .
Position Statement: As IEEE 2017 Tunisia Section Secretary , my focus is to… “IEEE”
The First I is to : Initiate new projects in our Section
The Second E is : To Ensure our Section provide reports on Section finances, Officers updates, and meeting activities in a timely manner.
The Third E is to : To Ensure Working closely with other members of our Section Executive Committee as we collaborate with them to ensure maximum effectiveness of our Section’s programs and activities , handling administrative details relating to the running of our Section and providing reports to the IEEE.
As a further Goal I totally believe in: Elaborating projects and Engaging more members With a specific focus on industry and with the collaboration of all ExCom members. As a Mechatronics Engineer, I recognize that IEEE must forge a deeper connection with the next generation of practicing engineers. I will support efforts to act on recommendations to improve industry engagement and better illustrate the benefits that IEEE offers.
Major IEEE Accomplishments:
- IEEE IAS AMTGP 2015
- IEEE SYP 2014
** Special International Events Participations and organizing
- EAB mini-series United States New jersey April 2016
- IEEE Industry and applications Society AM Vancouver Canada october 2014
- IEEE Student and young professional congress Poland august 2014
- IEEE Middle East Teacher In Service Program Workshop Dubai mai 2014
- IEEE MESBC 2013 (Midlle East Student Branch Congress) Lebanon 2013 – Jcertif 2015 (organizing and holding workshops)
- North American tunisian engineers group 2014 (organizing and holding workshops)
- FAN 2013 (Digital Arts Festival Tunisia ) (organizing committee)
- First Tunisian Student Branch Congress (organizing and holding workshops)
Past IEEE positions:
- COMMITTEES/BOARDS: (IEEE Major Boards and Committees)
- IEEE EAB Member 2016
- REGIONS: (Region 8 and others)
- IEEE R8 EAB outreach programs and awarness coordinator
- IEEE R8 PUW Ad Hoc member
- IEEE IAS R8 YPP coordinator
- SECTIONS/CHAPTERS – STUDENT BRANCHES – CONFERENCES – AWARDS
- IEEE Tunisia Section Student Representative 2015-2016
- IEEE ESTI SB (Founder)
- IEEE ESTI SB interim BRANCH ( Chair ) 2012-2013 /2013-2014
- IEEE PES SC
- IEEE RAS SC (Founder and Chair )
- IEEE IAS SC
- IEEE CS SC
- IEEE ACADEMIC Tunisia (Ambassador) 2013-2014
- IEEEXtreme 8.0 Tunisia Section Tunisian (Ambassador)
- IEEEXtreme 9.0 Tunisia Section Tunisian (Ambassador)
- International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication & Automation (ICACCA 2016) Publicity commitee Member
Qualifications: I personally believe that my experiences and education make me a strong candidate for this particular responsability . Thanks to the numerous courses , internships and trainings, I have gained experience in the project cycle management, teamwork, intercultural management, and in conflict resolution. Additional, through volunteering in IEEE and numerous Projects I have led and participated in as IEEE EPICS (Engineering projects in community services) , IEEE Academic , IEEE Teacher in Service Program I have learned how to manage time, manage resources , and develop a good communication skills with people from different backgrounds and ages .Being certified from the project management institute in Management and leadership besides having a good experience in reporting activities made me truly believe that I could be a suitable addition to Tunisia Section Excom Team.