The Humanitarian Activities coordinator is responsible for promoting humanitarian activities and events at the section level.
The usual term of office is 1 year. Term of office begins in January until the end of December. The time needed to fulfill this volunteer position is approximately 7 hours per week.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chair the IEEE SIGHT Tunisia group
- Have a working understanding of the IEEE organization
- Know the humanitarian issues of concern to IEEE
- Communicate items of humanitarian interest to your membership At Executive Committee meetings, At Section, Chapter, Student Branch, and Affinity Group meetings or through articles in Section newsletters or social media postings
- Develop, coordinate, and present humanitarian programs in support of the Section goals and objectives
- Help student branches and chapters to develop their humanitarian projects
- Provide a regular report to the Section Executive Committee about status of humanitarian activities in the Section and in the geographic area.
- Passes on to successor all relevant records of office at the end of term
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing
- Must be an IEEE Graduate Student Member, Member, or higher
- Must reside in the geographic boundaries of the Section
- Humanitarian activities volunteer experience
- Ability to spend sufficient time and energy to organize professional activities
- Ability to respond quickly to communications by email