The Nominations and Appointments Committee is responsible for organizing and arranging major award activities for the IEEE Tunisia Section.
The usual term of office is 1 year. Term of office begins in January until the end of December. The time needed to fulfill this volunteer position is approximately 7 hours per week.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of IEEE governance documents as they relate to Awards & Recognition, including IEEE Bylaws, Policy & Procedures, and RAB Operations Manual
- Recommend members of the Section and its organizational units (chapters, Affinity Group, and Student Branches) for their contributions and achievements
- Maintain historical records of Section awards distributed
- Submits any new Section award to RAB Awards & Recognition Committee for approval. Is knowledgeable of IEEE recognition products, including pins, plaques, certificates, etc., and process for ordering
- The Chair shall draft a letter for recognition of newly elevated Senior members and Fellows for signature of Section Chair, and distribution by Section Secretary
- The Chair shall preside at meetings of the A&R Committee. Forwards recommendations to Section Executive Committee for approval. Provides regular report, including recommendations, to Section Executive Committee for information and, where appropriate, action
- The Chair will also solicit nominations for IEEE Institute-level Awards and Medals
- Passes on to successor all relevant records of office at the end of term
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing
- Must be an IEEE Graduate Student Member, Member, or higher
- Must reside in the geographic boundaries of the Section
- Prior volunteer experience
- Ability to spend sufficient time and energy to manage awards program and to organize section awards ceremonies
- Ability to respond quickly to communications by email
- The committee chair must be an experienced volunteer officer in the section and its subunits.