The Professional Activities coordinator is responsible for promoting professional activities events at the section level (i.e. everything nontechnical contributing to members’ careers: Personal Skills, Influence Skills, Relationship Skills, Product Skills, Writing Skills, Oral Skills, Employment, Entrepreneurship).
The usual term of office is 1 year. Term of office begins in January until the end of December. The time needed to fulfill this volunteer position is approximately 7 hours per week.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a working understanding of the IEEE organization
- Know the professional issues of concern to IEEE and those of concern to your membership
- Communicate items of professional interest to your membership At Executive Committee meetings, At Section, Chapter, Student Branch, and Affinity Group meetings or through articles in Section newsletters or social media postings
- Develop, coordinate, and present professional programs in support of the Section goals and objectives
- Provide a regular report to the Section Executive Committee about status of professional activities in the Section and in the geographic area.
- Passes on to successor all relevant records of office at the end of term
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing
- Must be an IEEE Graduate Student Member, Member, or higher
- Must reside in the geographic boundaries of the Section
- Professional activities volunteer experience
- Ability to spend sufficient time and energy to organize professional activities
- Ability to respond quickly to communications by email