IEEE Tunisia Section Outstanding Student Publication Award
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize an outstanding paper published in the IEEE Transactions / Journals / Conferences.
Award description: $150 to be used as a travel grant by the student 1st author in order to participate in any IEEE conference, a certificate of recognition to the 1st author and a trophy, funded by the IEEE Tunisia section.
Eligibility: Any student/graduate student contributing as 1st author of a paper published in an IEEE Transactions or IEEE conference is eligible. The applicant must be a current student or graduate student member of the IEEE Tunisia section, lives in Tunisia, currently belongs to a Tunisian organization, and his/her affiliation in the published paper is in Tunisia. The 1st author must be a student at the time of the paper submission. The awards committee members are not eligible.
Evaluation criteria: The assessment of the overall technical quality, originality, potential impact, is based on the following rating scale:
- (40 points) Number of citations of the paper (by IEEE publications and non-IEEE publications);
- (30 points) Impact factor of the transaction or ranking of the conference;
- (30 points) Google Scholar H-index of the 1st author.
Past IEEE Tunisia outstanding student publication awardees:
- 2019: Dorra Mellouli, for her paper “Morphological Convolutional Neural Network Architecture for Digit Recognition“, Published in: IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (Volume: 30, Issue: 9, Sept. 2019)
- 2018: Naima Chouikhi, for her paper “Single- and multi-objective particle swarm optimization of reservoir structure in Echo State Network“, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2016
- 2017: Sobhi Barg, for his paper “An Improved Empirical Formulation for Magnetic Core Losses Estimation Under Nonsinusoidal Induction“.
Published in: IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (Volume: 32 , Issue: 3 , March 2017)
- 2016: shared between
- Naima Chouikhi, for her paper “A hybrid Approach Based on Particle Swarm Optimization for Echo State Network Initialization“. Published in 2015 International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC)
- Randa Hammami, for her paper “A Novel Approach for Semantic Web Service Discovery“. Published in 2016 IEEE 25th International Conference on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE)