Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize annually outstanding paper published in the IEEE Transactions / Journals / Conferences.
Prize: $150 to be used as travel grant by the 1st author in order to participate in any IEEE conference, a Certificate to the 1st author of the selected paper, and trophy
Funding: Funded by the IEEE Tunisia section
Eligibility: 1st authors of all papers published in the IEEE Transactions or Journals or Conferences are eligible. The candidate must be currently student member of IEEE Tunisia section, live in Tunisia, currently belongs to a Tunisian organization, and his/her affiliation in the published paper is in Tunisia. The 1st author must be student at the time of paper submission. The awards committee members are not eligible.
Basis for Judging: The selection criterion is the overall technical quality, originality, potential impact, which may be manifested mainly in the following manners:
- (40 points) Number of citations of the paper (by IEEE publications and non-IEEE publications)
- (30 points) Impact factor of the transaction / journal, Ranking of the conference
- (30 points) H-index of the 1st author.
Presentation: One award will be given per year. The award will be announced and presented at a section meeting. No award will be given if a qualified paper is not identified.
Nomination Deadline: 14 December 2019
Nomination form <online form>
For further information, please contact the awards committee <link>.
- 2019: Dorra Mellouli, for her paper “Morphological Convolutional Neural Network Architecture for Digit Recognition“, Published in: IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (Volume: 30, Issue: 9, Sept. 2019)
- 2018: Naima Chouikhi, for her paper “Single- and multi-objective particle swarm optimization of reservoir structure in Echo State Network“, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2016
- 2017: Sobhi Barg, for his paper “An Improved Empirical Formulation for Magnetic Core Losses Estimation Under Nonsinusoidal Induction“.
Published in: IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (Volume: 32 , Issue: 3 , March 2017)
- 2016: shared between
- Naima Chouikhi, for her paper “A hybrid Approach Based on Particle Swarm Optimization for Echo State Network Initialization“. Published in 2015 International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC)
- Randa Hammami, for her paper “A Novel Approach for Semantic Web Service Discovery“. Published in 2016 IEEE 25th International Conference on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE)