The main Objectives of Action for Industry Initiative:
- Bridge the gap and enhance relationships between industry, academia and IEEE
- Influence organizations to support the involvement of their staff in IEEE activities
- Urge people from industry to join IEEE and benefit from its products and services.
Actions for Industry (AI) would be a part of IEEE Region 8 Actions for Industry Initiative <link>.
Role of Section Industry Ambassador (SIA):
- Identify industry’s needs by a survey, conducted by either IEEE or a professional agency
- Promote IEEE to industry by informing them about IEEE benefits and its available products and services.
- Convince industry that participation in professional associations like IEEE is beneficial to both the company and its employees.
- Create & maintain a database on companies and contacts
- Encourage networking between IEEE members in industry and academia
- Convince IEEE to position its products & services better towards industry’s needs
- Promote members and volunteer’s involvement with industry and community
- Cooperate with Section, Chapter and Student Branch representatives in developing contacts and relationship with the industry and community
- Interact with IEEE entities such as R8 AI, Chapters and other Sections.
To progress IEEE AI, the following is proposed:
- An Industrial networking has to be established in order to develop partnership with IEEE by Coordination with Conferences Agenda, Professional Activities & Young Professionals.
- Developing a panel of Mentors of experienced IEEE Industry Seniors and Fellows modeled on the actual Mentor program:IEEE Mentor Center is an online program that facilitates the matching of IEEE members for the purpose of establishing a mentoring partnership.
- Enhancing Entrepreneurship programs by local and regional competitions
- Promoting programs to have practitioner oriented hands-on workshops.
- Organize seminars on latest topics of interest to IEEE Industry members.
Nihel Ben Youssef
ISI, Univ. Tunis