Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize annually IEEE members who have given valuable achievements.
Prize: $150 to be used as a travel grant by the selected member to participate in any IEEE conference, a Certificate to the 1st author of the selected paper, and a trophy
Funding: Funded by the IEEE Tunisia section
Eligibility: Any active IEEE member living in Tunisia for at least 2 years. The candidate receives no remuneration for his achievement. The awards committee members are not eligible.
The basis for Judging: The evaluation of the achievement will be based on the following criteria (if applicable):
- (15 points) number and quality of the performed activities (technical and volunteering activities)
- (15 points) exceptional administrative, managerial and leadership achievement
- (15 points) implementation of innovative IEEE programs
- (15 points) impact on the industry, economy, government and society
- (15 points) impact of the achievements from the point of view of theory, technologies, and/or applications
- (15 points) quantity and quality of the outcomes
- (10 points) length of service to the Section
Presentation: One award will be given per year. The award will be announced and presented at a section meeting. No award will be given if a qualified candidate is not identified.
For further information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the awards committee <link>.
- 2019: Nihel Ben Youssef, for her outstanding contributions, as Industry Ambassador, in bridging the gap and in enhancing relationships between industry and academia, for the benefit of IEEE members in Tunisia.
- 2018: Khoubeyb Layouni, for his outstanding contributions to the IEEE ISSAT Student Branch members in Tunisia.
- 2017: Abir Chermiti, for her outstanding contributions to the IEEE Women In Engineering (WIE) members in Tunisia.
- 2016: no award
- 2020&2021: Achref Selmi, for his outstanding contributions to the IEEE Tunisia Section, IEEE IAS Tunisia Section Chapter and IEEE ENIG Student Branch members in Tunisia.