IEEE Tunisia Section Outstanding Achievement Award
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize IEEE members who have given valuable achievements.
Award description: $150 to be used as a travel grant by the awarded member in order to participate in any IEEE conference/event, a Certificate of recognition and a trophy, funded by the IEEE Tunisia section.
Eligibility: Any active IEEE member for at least 2 years and living in Tunisia. The applicant should not receive any financial remuneration for his/her achievement, and he/she did not receive this award in the past 2 awards’ editions. The awards committee members are not eligible to apply.
Evaluation criteria: The evaluation of the outstanding performance of IEEE Tunisia members is based on the following rating scale (if applicable):
- (15 points) Number and quality of the performed activities (technical and/or volunteering activities);
- (15 points) Exceptional administrative, managerial and leadership achievement;
- (15 points) Implementation of innovative IEEE programs;
- (15 points) Impact on the industry, economy, government and society;
- (15 points) Impact of the achievements from the point of view of theory, technologies, and/or applications;
- (15 points) Quantity and quality of the outcomes;
- (10 points) Length of service to the Section.
Past IEEE Tunisia outstanding achievement awardees:
- 2019: Nihel Ben Youssef, for her outstanding contributions, as Industry Ambassador, in bridging the gap and in enhancing relationships between industry and academia, for the benefits of IEEE members in Tunisia.
- 2018: Khoubeyb Layouni, for his outstanding contributions to the IEEE ISSAT Student Branch members in Tunisia.
- 2017: Abir Chermiti, for her outstanding contributions to the IEEE Women In Engineering (WIE) members in Tunisia.
- 2016: no award