Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding performance of the Tunisian WIE Student affinity group in serving its members and establishing goodwill for the student branch and the Tunisia Section.
Prize: $150 to be used for WIE Student affinity group activities, a Certificate, and a trophy
Funding: Funded by the IEEE Tunisia section
Eligibility: The WIE Student affinity group must have been active for at least one year when the nomination is made and have an updated website under the ieee.tn or ieee.org domain and a contact email @ieee.tn or @ieee.org. The eligibility requirements are outstanding WIE student activities and services to its local WIE student members in one or more of the following areas: technical meetings, tours and seminars and/or tutorials, other services and activities for the local WIE student members of the school.
The basis for Judging: The selection criterion is the outstanding performance of the WIE Student affinity group. In selecting award recipient, the awards committee and the student activities coordinator and the WIE Tunisia affinity group chair consider contributions of the WIE Student affinity group activities, which may be manifested in the following manners:
- (15 points) continuous technical, educational, administrative, membership development, communications and public relations activity
- (10 points) exceptional managerial and leadership achievement
- (10 points) implementation of innovative new WIE Student affinity group programs
- (15 points) dedication to the growth and advancement of the WIE Student affinity group´s membership
- (15 points) development of the WIE Student affinity group website and newsletter, use of enotice vTools as the main tool to communicate with WIE Student affinity group members
- (15 points) publication of the activities’ agenda and the reports/photos of past activities on the student affinity group’s website
- (10 points) participation in the IEEE WIE international competitions and calls for projects
- (10 points) fulfilling all requirements of reporting to the section and the respect of MGA bylaws.
Presentation: One award will be given per year. The award will be announced and presented at a section meeting. No award will be given if a qualified WIE Student affinity group is not identified.
Nomination Deadline: 12 December 2021
Activities should correspond to the period of this year.
For further information, please contact the awards committee and the student activities coordinator and the WIE Tunisia affinity group chair <link>.
- 2019: WIE ENIT Student Affinity Group
- 2018: WIE INSAT Student Affinity Group
- 2017: WIE ISSAT Sousse Student Affinity Group
- 2016: WIE ISSAT Sousse Student Affinity Group